How to Help
Raising funds for ongoing research into A-T in the hope that we can find a cure and/or therapies to ease the effects of the condition on our A-T Superstars is the most significant way to help.
Donations are the lifeblood of our organisation. BrAshA-T Ataxia-Telangiectasia Limited is a not-for-profit charity which has been endorsed by the ATO as a DGR (Deductible Gift Recipient) which means that all donations are 100% tax deductible.
The most effective form of fundraising has proven to be through the dedicated support of familes, friends and the local community.
We strongly encourage those fundraising for BrAshA-T to collect funds via our web site, our EFTPOS terminals or through direct dposits to our bank account for the following reasons:
- Secure way of handling money
- Significantly reduces the workload on you, your volunteers and us
- Tax deductible receipts are automatically generated with payments through our web site
We will set-up a dedicated web page for your friends, family and local community to support your fundraising efforts. Through your own web page you can:
- Accept donations
- Sell tickets to events
- Allow supporters to sponsor individuals participating in sponsored events (e.g. fun run, swimathon)
- Sell raffle tickets
- Accept payments for items sold at live,virtual and silent auctions
- Sell goods (e.g. t-shirts, beanies, face masks)
Please contact us if you'd like to fundraise for BrAshA-T regardless of how much you think you can raise.
We're Here to Help with Your Fundraising Efforts
We can assist you with your fundraising endeavours with advice and guidance and by building a dedicated web page for your fundraiser.
Support Global Events
Rare Disease Day is held on the last day of February every year and is a global event which we use to raise awareness of A-T and raise much needed funds.